The Global Billing Services team is accountable for ensuring the accurate and timely processing of customer invoices, worldwide. They are responsible for analyzing issues impacting this process, proactively recommending solutions to the changing business requirements which impact the invoice generation, distribution and collection processes. The Global Billing Services team are an integral part of managing the customer relationship on behalf of the business with regard to the invoice to collection process. The task cannot be performed without a developing an expert understanding of customer contracts/pricing, the global Supply process and Drew Marine products and services. In addition to understanding the impact of invoicing in multiple currencies and following local regulations with regard to Tax and VAT laws. The role requires hands-on participation with multiple groups combined with management tasks: process driven, but also work on priorities.
The Global Billing Services, Senior Analyst must promote and manage harmony and effective cooperation between regional and local Drew Marine teams. Relationships with several functions such as Sales, Marketing, Finance and Operation teams are critical.
• Support accurate and timely processing of customer invoices while ensuring customer’s expectations are met (and exceeded if possible).
• Assist in the implementation of all relevant business policies, procedures and processes, including the proper and timely use of the business systems.
• Participates with senior management in the development of strategic objectives for the Billing organization.
• Engages in recommendations and implementation of regional and global process improvements within Billing and the business at large.
• Interface with Sales and Marketing on customer analysis of product programs and revenue performance.
• Support budget analysis and cost to serve target setting.
• Execute all month-end responsibilities within expected timelines.
• Generate monthly report highlights to include performance reports, efficiency measurements and credit / rebill analysis.
• Identify areas of greatest risk or exposure within the invoicing process and implement procedures to reduce these areas.
• Ensure audit requirements are understood and met and that proper procedures are in place.
• Interface and collaborate with Finance, Sales, Operations, Contracts, Customer Service and Accounts Receivable in the efficient and effective execution of the Order-to-Cash cycle.
• Work with IT to ensure system capabilities adequately support the required transactional processes needed to invoice and an accurate and timely manner.
• Track and create billing statistics to demonstrate overall billing process efficiencies.
Required / Preferred Knowledge, Experiences and Skills:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance;
• 5 years’ experience. Good relevant Billing experience a plus;
• 2+ years supervisory experience (preferred);
• Experience with global currencies and Tax/VAT laws;
• Strong leadership skills required;
• Microsoft Office skills, JD Edwards skills desirable or comparable ERP platform experience;
• Highly organized;
• Good cultural awareness;
• Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Ability to meet deadlines through good time management and allocation of priorities;
• Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated;
• Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity.
Bachelor's degree is required
Physical Working Environment:
The position works in a climate controlled office environment and requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.